The manager is a high level and top-level job in any company and the corporate houses. Therefore, here are some of the manager interview questions that will help you to get the highly reputed position in the company.
Tell me something about yourself?
Answer: In this question, you have to give a detailed explanation to the employer or the human resource manager about your self. You have to explain everything about you nicely. For instance, What is your name, Where you worked previously, where di you live and by which subject you graduated. That’s it keep it simple and nice. Do not over say it because the employer is there to know about you. You do not have to answer all in one question. Similarly, he/she will ask you the next questions as well.
Also refer: Internal audit interview questions and answers
Why are you interested in working on this job?
Answer: By this question, the employer or the human resource associate wants to know about why do you want this job. Moreover, what is your interest behind applying for the job? So, you have to be more passionate and confident while answering this question because this question will show the exact reason why you want to do this job. Therefore, You should answer it like, I am interested in this job since this is a really good company and it will open the door with a lot of opportunities for me. Therefore, I am interested in this job.
Also refer: Senior accountant interview questions
In how many companies have you worked with in the past?
Answer: This question will answer everything that you are getting this job or not. Since if you have the reputation of switching more jobs then it will reduce your chances of recruitment by 90%. Yes, it seems to be the higher number but it is the matter of fact and we have to accept it. The more job changes in your resume the more chances of you being not selected. Therefore, While answering this question and your resume must not show to much of change in the job. You have to show that you have to stick to one company for at least two years. If you say this then trust me this will increase the goodwill of your image in the eyes of the employer. Therefore, they will surely shortlist you in the further recruitment process.
Also refer: Marketing interview questions
Can you lead a team?
Answer: See the managerial position seeks and tests your leadership qualities. If you don’t have good leadership quality then you cannot be a good manager. The managerial must have the following skills planning, decision making, delegation, problem-solving, motivating, and other skills that make you a good manager. Therefore, You must answer these questions in such a way that you can lead a team very well. Therefore, This is the main question that is asked as the manager interview questions and answers.
Tell me something about your educational qualifications?
Answer: The position of the manager is the top-level position in any of the organizations or corporate houses. Therefore, This position demands a strong education qualification and experience. Therefore, In order to qualify for the job and get the job, you should have one. The major answer that the human resource department of the company wants to hear is an MBA or master’s degree in the field of commerce and management with at least two to three years of experience in the corporate house or a reputed company. Therefore, you have to make sure that you have one to be the best candidate for the company. This is the most asked general manager interview questions and answers.
Also refer: Cost Accountant interview questions
What skills do you have that will work for the company?
Answer: Skills adds on a plus point to the organization. Above all, The extra skills that you have will also add and increase the chances of your selection in the company. Therefore, You should learn the skills it will not only help for one company but will also aid in the future progress and growth as well. The skills required by the managers are as follows; Further, this question will surely be asked as the general manager interview questions and answers.
- Conceptual and Technical Skills.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and proper delegation of work.
- Motivating employees.
Also refer: Accounting interview questions and answers
Therefore, This is the main question that is asked as the manager interview questions
What is your salary expectation?
Answer: This is the most reputed interview questions. Salary expectation is an important question in the recruitment and the selection process. Moreover, The salary expectation of the job seeker must with the expectation of the employer. Above all, If it does not then it would create the problem in the selection. Therefore, while answering this question you must take an idea from the market how much the other mid-size and the large-sized corporate houses pay and you must tell it accordingly. Similarly, later on, the process of the salary negotiation will be easier as well. So, always make your expectation that is feasible for everybody. Similarly, The salary negotiation must be logical as well. Therefore, This is the main question that is asked as the manager interview questions and answers.
Also refer: Entry Level Accounting Interview Questions
What is workforce diversity?
Answer: Work force diversity means composition from different cultutral background in the work force. When employees comes from different religion, age gender etc at the same work place, this condition is known as work force diversity. Diversity is inevitable part at present due to large number of social and legal changes.
Advantages of Work force diversity
- Increase diverse ideas and alternatives.
- Effective problem-solving.
- Environmental adaptation.
- Increase communication skills.
- Diversification activities.
- Fulfillment of ethical and social obligation.
- Possibility of higher productivity.
- Learning environment to members.
What problems can you face in workforce diversity
- The problem in communication.
- Cultural Clashes.
- Conflict in different views, issues, and matters.
- Lack of emotional support and communication.
- The problem in socialization.
- Difficult to bring change in the organization.
- Low employee morale.
- Increase in administrative cost.
- Possibility of groupism between the members.
How will you manage workforce diversity?
- Using either national or international language in the official language.
- Prompting equal opportunity to all.
- Avoiding discrimination among employees.
- Build a multicultural cohesive work team.
- Design a new corporate culture by integrating the culture of each employee.
- Conduct a diversity audit to evaluate the effectiveness of diversity management programs.
- Provide training management programs to members for adjusting and socializing in diversity.
- Encourage balanced participation of diverse workers in management activities.
- Avoid ethnocentrism (assumption regarding only own culture is the best).
- Know care cultural values of others, and by to respect them.
- Avoid common assumptions to all that is everyone wants.
- Look at diversity as an opportunity, not as a threat.
- Broaden your view.
- Understand the values of cultural differences.
Manager interview questions and answers
How will you motivate the individual employees in the organization?
Answer: The individual or personal incentive which is given to motivate employees for performing organizational works in an effective manner is called individual motivation. Similarly, Reward, Appreciation-letter, certificate, job security, respect, the opportunity for personal development, etc can motivate employees to work. Above all, They are a means for individual motivation. Therefore, This is the main question that is asked as the manager interview questions and answers.
Do you have any concept of records management?
Answer: Records are the backbone of today’s business. They are the memory of an office. Furthermore, They are written documents containing information. Moreover, It is needed as a future reference to conduct business activities. Above all, They are the basis of assessing and comparing progress, minutes of meetings, reports, contracts, personnel, and other records. Records get accumulated every year in the office. Certainly, They are paperwork and computer files. Records management is an important function of office management. Similarly, filing and indexing are concerned with records management.
Also refer : What to put on a resume
What is management?
Answer: Management means to manage forecast and to plan, to organize, to command, to co-ordinate, and to control. In other words, management is a distinct process consisting of planning. Moreover, management is what managers do.
Point out the characteristics of management
- Management is a process.
- Group Activity.
- Science and Art.
- Separate Identity.
- The need for organization.
- Managers need not be the owner.
- Authority system.
How will you motivate a group of employees in the organization?
Answer: If all the employees in the group are motivated to make organizational performances effective, it is called group motivation. Furthermore, Participation in management, an arrangement in suggestion, participation in profit, departmental reward, increase in salary, allowances, and facilities, improvement in working conditions, etc. are the means for group motivation.
How will you effectively analyze and interpret the data?
- Reporting facts as found.
- Summarizing the facts systematically.
- Use of standard quantitative techniques.
- Not comparing non-comparable data.
- Not drawing illogical conclusions.
- In defining of illogical cause and effect relation.
- Avoiding unreliable relations.
- Maintaining a judicial attitude.
- Consult with others who know better than you.
- Test your interpretation.
- Avoid human error.
- Ask yourself ” Are the thing I am doing is reasonable”
How will you organize the data?
Answer: Managing the data of the company whether it is small or large is important. If the important data of the company is not managed it may give rise to a lot of problems. There may also be the chances that those that may be misled to others which will increase the competition. Hence for the sting secrecy, the data must be organized well. In the following ways that can be organized:
- It is managing sequential order and logical arrangement of information of report according to the format.
- The information collected must be organized in a systematic way.
- It manages components, headings, and topics, of the report from start to end.
- Information should be ordered logically according to nature and type of report.
- It is a systematic ordering of components presented in a report.
What are the stages in records management?
Answer: The stages in records managements goes like this;
- Creating Records: This stage involves the design, use, and control of office forms. Moreover, They are systematically designed and printed sheets of paper. They contain information that is accurate and complete. The source of information can be internal within the business. As a result, It can be external from customers., competitors, suppliers, government, and others. So, Records are created in forms and letters. They are active records. However, They require safekeeping.
- Storing Records: This stage involves the retention of records for future reference. To clarify, They are systematically classified and field. They are stored in an accessible location. So, They have properly preserved records and protected. Files, records are transferred from storage. Therefore, Legal requirements, nature of records, and frequency of reference are considered for storing records.
- Retrieving Records: This stage is considered with the use of records. It makes available the stored records as and when needed for reference. Indexing is used for speedy retrieval. So, The proper procedure is established for retrieval. Therefore, Records that cannot be retrieved for reference have no use.
- Disposing Records: This stage is concerned with the destruction of unnecessary records. So, Such records are dead records. Therefore, They are no longer needed. Above all, A clear policy is formulated for the disposal of old records.
How will you motivate the employee in the organization using positive motivation?
Answer: The employees perform their works for the achievement of organizational goals. Moreover, In positive motivation, their performance is recognized and resected by rewarding and admiring. Above all, Their moral is made high. Similarly, Such motivation improves performances, increases mutual cooperation, and develops a feeling in them that the organization on their own, they are important for the organization and creates a cheerful working environment. Therefore, The management should adopt the following methods to provide positive motivation:-
- Admiring and giving rewards for better performance.
- By showing personal concern, interest, and importance.
- By respecting honoring.
- Clearly defining functions, duties, and authorities.
- Involving them in management.
- Distributing profit to them.
- Providing a good working environment.
- Providing high salary allowances.
Positive motivation is widely used in the present age of business. M.C Greger has mentioned about positive motivation in his motivation theory Y.
Does negative motivation work in the organization?
Answer: Yes, the negative motivation works in the organization. The explained details are in the below-mentioned paragraph.
The method of motivating employees to work through fear, threat, and power is called negative motivation. Moreover, The employees are motivated to work due to fear of expulsion from job, punishment, or any other actions against them. Above all, Their laziness, recklessness, disruptive behavior, etc automatically end due to fear of their expulsion from the job. But such a method of motivation can be useful for some persons and it becomes mandatory. So, this method is scarcely used, S. C Greger has mentioned about the negative motivation in his theory X.
How extrinsic motivation is different from intrinsic motivation?
Answer: Extrinsic motivation is mainly related to financial incentives. Such incentives motivate the employees to better performance. Generally, high remuneration, facilities on retirement, insurance, rest, leaves with salary, participation in profit, sick leave, health service facilities, educational allowance, etc. are extrinsic motivation.
Intrinsic motivation is related to non-financial incentives. Ego and self-satisfaction awaken intrinsic motivation. Similarly, This includes respect, dignity, honor, authority, participation in management, satisfaction in performance, etc. For example, what Mother Teresa did for the world was done by intrinsic motivation.
What is Team organization and how it works?
Answer: Team organization is an approach design that relies almost exclusively on project type teams, with little or no underlying functional hierarchy. In other words, It is an association whose members work intensely on a specific common goal, using their positive energy, individual and mutual accountability.
What are the qualities of good report;
Answer: The qualities of good report are as follows:
- Accuracy of data.
- Reliability & authenticity of data.
- Report Format.
- Use of inappropriate style.
- Simple Language.
- The objectivity of facts.
What are the differences between Group interaction and the Decision?
- Interaction refers to the unstructured form of discussion and conversation among the employees whereas the decision is a semi-structure form of organizational communication.
- Moreover, interaction is guided and followed on the extempore approach whereas the decision is well planned and systematically guided by planning, purpose, informality, and leadership.
- Above all, Interaction mainly deals with informal risk, chit-chat, gossiping, and discussion on whereas decisions are mutually solved and executed.
- Similarly, Interaction contributes to psychological satisfaction to personal exposure and freedom whereas decisions are oriented to specific problem decision making and problem-solving.
What do you mean by non-formal communication?
Answer: Nonverbal communication is exchanging information that message passes through signal, symbol, posture through physical activities. Therefore, Meanings are not communicated through clear words and meaningful sentences. Since It is physical and universal in all communication systems which not only provides meaning but also provides information about psychology behavior attitude and others.
Features of nonverbal communication are:
- Physical in nature.
- Authentic and believable.
- Expression of emotion and feeling.
What do you mean by corporate culture?
Answer: Corporate culture means and identity of the organization and organizational characteristics while comparing with others in the market. Moreover, It explains how members of an organization think, feel behave, and act in the process of goal achievement. So, It can be defined as how members interact and discuss among each other, how they communicate with stakeholders, what are provisions of respect ad obedience, what is a time management system, how decisions are taken and implemented, etc. Above all. Similarly, Corporate culture consisted of the set of ethics, corporate governance, and other guidelines defined by top-level to control the behavior of the employee. Therefore, Designing and maintaining the culture is the responsibility of top-level management but it is an obligation to all members.
So corporate culture is a term that is used to define common values and perceptions of members regarding job, time, goal, and the unique flavor of organization.
How can you differentiate the strong corporate culture with a weak corporate culture?
- The strong corporate culture has a high and sting influence of culture on activities and behavior of people where has a weak corporate culture has less influence on cultural activities and behavior of people.
- Moreover, The strong Corporate culture focuses on innovation and creativity whereas the weak corporate culture ignores the new innovation and creativity.
- Above all, The strong corporate culture accepts the new changes whereas the weak corporate culture has weak resistance to the new change.
- Similarly, The sting corporate culture does all the activity according to the culture only whereas the weak corporate culture does not do the activities according to the culture of the firm.
- Finally, The string corporate culture gives the low priority to the rules and regulations by management because the members perform according to the cultural guidance whereas the weak corporate culture follows strictly the rules and regulations formulated by the organization, and all the activities are monitored by the management as well. Since there are no guidelines related to the corporate culture in this regard.
In conclusion, I hope that these manager interview questions have helped you to get your dream job. All you need to do is practice these questions multiple times before leaving for an interview.
Do not forget to leave your valuable comment in the comment section below. We admire and appreciate each and every comment that you share.
Until next blog Ta Da!